Nazareth School Board Meeting – January 11, 2016
No statement was made on the ongoing contract dispute with the Nazareth Area Teacher’s Union.
Superintendent Riker said he planned on presenting the revenue numbers for the 2016-2017 budget at the next board meeting on January 25th.
- Currently, the district anticipates a 7.7% increase
- The failure of the PA state legislature to pass a budget is causing questions about state allocations
- On board member brought up the dreaded “C” word and said the board would have to have a serious discussion soon on making cuts to school personnel.
An audit has been completed for last year’s books. No issues were identified.
- The audit can be viewed on the district website.
- Jerry Treon was elected to the position of Vice President following the resignation of Linda MacDonald
- Motions on Sections V, VIII, and X passed. No votes on IV, VI, VII, or IX.
- Links to the meeting agenda can be found here: http://www.nazarethasd.k12.pa.us/Page/893
Becky Bartlett is an Upper Nazareth resident and covers these meetings because the local media doesn’t.