Upper Nazareth Township Supervisor’s Meeting – 8/3/16
Solicitor Asteak was absent; an associate discussed a home grant of $350,000. There will be an environmental review with public comments in September.
The Liquid Fuels Audit was complete. UNT was in full compliance, and no issues were found
Township manager received approval to transfer township funds to new bank (Embassy Bank). Funds approved are from the following accounts:
- Recreational Account
- Road Improvement
- Housing Rehab
- Traffic Impact
- General Fund Money Market – to be moved more slowly as this account is used often.
- Receipt of Heritage Village Sketch Plan – development located on Biel Avenue, Senior Housing.
- Construction on the traffic light at Friedenstahl and Schoeneck is proceeding as planned. If it is not complete before school is in session, the remaining work will be completed at night.
- Engineer requested a backlight for the traffic lights, at a cost of $1,045, as per a requirement from Penn DOT
Your Tax Dollars at Work
- Supervisors voted to approve a new computer for the zoning officer. Bid is $805, plus labor. $1,000 had been approved in a previous budget but not spent. Computer only as monitor is in good condition and relatively new.
- Engineer requested $3,000 from $4,000 left over funds from oil and chipping that had been done to sweep 3 roads in the township prior to lines being painted.
- Supervisors voted to spend $943.20 to advertise for upcoming Community Day (total of 3 advertisements in the Key).
- Supervisors approved a request for a Princess/Singer to attend Community Day at a cost not to exceed $200.00, pending receipt of background check and letter of assurance.
- Approved hiring of a part-time police officer for the Township.
-August 6 9-noon – Latex Paint Collection Event (Friedenstahl Yard Waste Facility)
-August 27 12 – 8:45 – Community Day (Tuskes Park)
September 16th – deadline to submit information to the Township Newsletter to be published in the Fall.
-October 1 – All Day – Touch A Truck (Tuskes Park)
-October 8 – 8:30 – 2 PM – Household Hazardous Waste Event (NCC Main Campus)
Many thanks for Jeanie Morgano for covering this meeting. Citizens have a right to be informed of what their government is doing.