Nazareth Area School Board Meeting
November 16, 2015
The School Board did not address the issue of the contract with the Teacher’s Union or indicate if it has been signed yet.
CIT (5335 Kesslerville Road, Easton, PA) will hold an open house this Wednesday (November 18th) from 5:00 – 8:00 for anyone who wants to check out their programs.
Some school buses will have to be rerouted soon because of upcoming construction on Van Buren Road
Shafer Elementary thanked Home Depot who provided 75 volunteers and ~$5,000 in donations to renovate the Memorial Garden.
Recognition of School Board members who have served for 8 years or more on the NASD School Board. (Board members are volunteers, they receive no monetary compensation): Lorin Bradley, Jerry Treon and Kenneth Butz.
Student Recognition: Several groups of students were presented to the board.
- The 2015 Powder Puff Football Game raised $8,000 which will be used to support the Best Buddies program and The Giving Tree, which helps local families with gifts over the holidays
- Dan’s Camera sponsored the event and showed a video of the game shot with a drone
- The Aevidum Club did a demonstration.
- This club provides compassionate support for students dealing with depression
- Several students will participate in the District 10 Chorus Festival in February 2016 at Delaware Valley High School
- 261 students took 429 Advanced Placement Exams. 82.4% of them were passed.
- The Varsity Girl’s Tennis Team won the District 11 Championship
- They had a record of 18:2 for the season
Link to NASD Board’s Agenda’s and Minutes: http://www.nazarethasd.k12.pa.us/Page/893
No votes were taken on items IV,VI, VII, IX, or X.
Items V and VIII passed.
Becky Bartlett is a resident of Upper Nazareth. She attends and reports on these meetings because the media doesn’t.