Nazareth School Board Meeting – April 18, 2016
Once again, it was pointed out that the School District continues to NOT repair the gate at 4th Street. Traffic from teenagers and parents has increased on a road neither zoned nor designed to handle it. In March, a High School student was hit by a car and badly injured on 4th Street.
CIT will be holding a fundraising breakfast this Saturday (4/23) from 8:00 – 11:00
On May 3rd, there will be a dedication of the Kenneth Butz Elementary School.
District Business Manager Announces Retirement
Ms Rishcoff is retiring after 18 years with the district. Thanks to her planning, Nazareth did not have to borrow money to cover payroll during the 9 month budget standoff in Harrisburg. NASD now has a AA rating from Standard & Poor’s which gives the district low interest rates and exempts them from buying bond insurance.
- Odyssey of the Mind
- STEM Design Challenge
- Students will compete in state finals in May
- Math Con Competition
- 3 5th grade students have been selected to go to the national finals in Chicago
- The Barnes & Noble “My Favorite Teacher Award” was presented to English teacher, Ms. Kryn Musto, thanks to a poem written by student, Abby Ellis
- Students will be presenting their film “What’s so cool about manufacturing?” about the Martin Guitar Factor at the state competition in May.
- Madison Stewart was awarded the Dwight D. Eisenhower award for outstanding leadership and character.
Item VII passed. No action on IV, V, VI, or VIII
- Links to the meeting agenda can be found here: http://www.nazarethasd.k12.pa.us/Page/893
Becky Bartlett is an Upper Nazareth resident and covers these meetings because residents have a right to be informed about what their government is doing.