Nazareth Area School Board Meeting – June 20, 2016
The traffic light project at Friedenstahl Avenue and Route 191 is running one week behind, but the district anticipates construction to be completed before school begins.
The students at CIT are building a house. It is estimated to be finished in September.
The Board adopted a budget for July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017 in the amount of $81,211,772—a 5.7% increase over the current budget.
The increase in revenue will be covered by:
- A real estate transfer tax of 1% (District share is 0.5%)
- A 0.7% tax on earned income (District share only)
- A school tax on real estate levied and assessed at a rate of 52.03 mills on the dollar on the total amount of assessed valuation of all property taxable for school purposes within NASD.
- An increase in real estate taxes of 0.95 mills or 1.86%
Note: the budget passed despite two NO votes: Dr. Linda Stubitz and board president, Lorin Bradley.
Item IV, V, VI, and VII passed.
- Links to the meeting agenda can be found here: http://www.nazarethasd.k12.pa.us/Page/893
Becky Bartlett is an Upper Nazareth resident and covers these meetings because residents have a right to be informed about what their government is doing.