Nazareth Area School Board Meeting – November 21, 2016
Bushkill Center road is now open. Buses are running normal routes.
There were no issues at Butz Elementary during the November 8th election
- Mr. Crook suggested the board encourage the county find another polling place because, having it in an elementary school, presents an unnecessary disruption to students
- Dr. Riker plans to continue this discussion with the county.
The Golf Team was recognized as runners up for the PIAA State Tournament
- Kevin Shirr won the individual gold medal
Ten students from Nazareth were selected for the district chorus out of 800 applicants
King Spry –a bond company—did a presentation on bond financing, suggesting the district take advantage of the current low rates. The bond proposed could be held and not fully executed until the addendum is signed which could be when market rates are favorable.
- Information on what the bond was for and the amount of the bond was not provided to the public
The School Board meeting for November 28th has been cancelled. The next meeting will be held on December 5th.
Items III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII, IX, XI and XIII passed.
- Links to the meeting agenda can be found here: http://www.nazarethasd.k12.pa.us/Page/893
Becky Bartlett is an Upper Nazareth resident and covers these meetings because residents have a right to be informed about what their government is doing. Many thanks to William Bartlett for attending this meeting.