Nazareth Area School Board Meeting
August 17, 2015
Note: The Board members made no statements on the contract negotiations with district teachers nor did they address the installation of the stoplight at Route 191 and Friedenstahl Avenue. There may be an update on that project at the Supervisor’s meeting on Wednesday.
Links to news articles on Nazareth teacher contracts.
A link to the agenda/minutes
Changes to published calendar:
- November 25th and March 22nd will be early dismissal days for students
- An updated calendar will be put out soon
Vote for the election of the 2015 PSBA (Business Administrator) Officers and At Large Representatives
- The board voted for Mark B. Miller for President Elect, Michael Faccinetto for Vice President and Larry Feinberg for Easter At Large Representative
- Last year the district had 4,654 students enrolled
- This year, 4,657 students are enrolled
- Fall sports started on Monday, August 17th
- Teachers return to school on Monday, August 24th
- School begins on Monday, August 31st
- The new roof on Shafer Elementary is almost finished. Work on the flashing will continue, but this won’t include any materials with bad odors
- The Bushkill Parking lot and playground should be done before August 31st
- A Pipeline Interactive Task force is being formed – this may be in relation to the proposed PennEast pipeline
- Lunch prices will be the same as last year but will be reviewed in November
The next school board meeting will be held at 7:30 on September 21st
Becky Bartlett is a candidate for Upper Nazareth Supervisor. The election will be held on November 3rd.